- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out two discs of The Queen’s Pie crust, shaping the first to a medium sized pie pan and setting the other aside to top your pie. Blind bake the first crust for about 15 or 20 minutes, just until lightly golden.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix together the berries, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Sift flour over the berries, mixing just enough to coat berries but not to dissolve the flour.
- Pour berries into the pie pan and shape into a mound in the center.
- Carefully place your second crust over the berries, pinching layers of crust together with your finger tips to lock the two crusts together.
- Cut slits into the center of your pie crust to let steam escape while baking.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the top crust is golden brown.
- Let cool and then serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice-cream.
You can substitute any berry for this pie but for juicier berries, like blackberries or ollalaberries, you may want to add 1/4 cup more flour to the filling to help the fruit set.
Look Delicious? Pin it for the world to see!