Nectarines have such a delightfully tangy flavor, and it wouldn’t be summer without the juice of one running down your arm – it’s always sad to see the season end. One way to prolong your enjoyment of this summer fruit is to freeze them into luscious nectarine sherbet.
*Note – Allow 2 days preparation before planning to serve. One night to freeze the freezer bowl and one night for the sherbet to ripen.
- 6–8 pitted and sliced nectarines
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon Rain’s Choice pure Vanilla Extract
- Prepare in advance by freezing an ice-cream maker freezer bowl over night.
- In a blender, blend nectarine slices, milk sugar and vanilla until smooth. Place the freezer bowl into the ice-cream maker and turn it on. Pour the nectarine puree into the freezer bowl and churn for 20-25 minutes. Transfer the sherbet into a freezer safe container and freeze over night to ripen before serving.
- Flo Braker’s Flourless Chocolate Torte - March 30, 2020
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting - February 6, 2020
- Mulled Wine Cranberry Sauce - November 2, 2019