Mississippi Mud Bars
I found this recipe in the food section of our local newspaper and couldn’t resist sharing it. It sounds so completely, deliciously, sinful !!
Mississippi Mud Bars
Write a review
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped, divided
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped, divided
- 1 cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans, divided
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease an 8- or 9-inch square baking pan.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed. Add peanut butter and beat until smooth. Add egg and vanilla, and beat until well-combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to butter mixture and combine well.
- Stir in half the white and semisweet chocolates, then stir in half the pecans and mix until combined. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the center is soft but no longer runny.
- Remove the pan from the oven and immediately sprinkle the remaining chocolates over the top. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and set aside to let the chocolates melt. When melted, swirl the chocolates together with the tip of a sharp knife to create a marbleized effect. Sprinkle the remaining pecans over the top. Let the bars cool completely in the pan on a wire rack. Cut into 2-inch squares to serve.
- Makes about 16
Patricia Rain is an author, educator, culinary historian, and owner of The Vanilla Company (www.vanillaqueen.com), a socially conscious, product-driven information and education site dedicated to the promotion of pure, natural vanilla, and the support of vanilla farmers worldwide. She also does culinary presentations for food professionals, cooking schools, trade shows, food fairs, and private groups, and is a regular radio and TV guest.
Latest posts by Patricia Rain (see all)
- Sticky Toffee Pudding - December 2, 2017
- Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes - November 25, 2017
- Vanilla – Saffron Scented Butternut Squash Risotto - October 21, 2017
Trackback from your site.