Fruit and Cabbage SaladPrint
Fruit and Cabbage Salad
- 4–5 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 2 ribs celery thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrots
- 1 apple, cored and thinly sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup seedless red flame grapes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced dates
- 1/4 cup toasted, chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2–1 teaspoon sugar (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2–3/4 teaspoon Rain’s Choice pure Vanilla Extract
- salt and white pepper to taste
- Combine all of the salad ingredients into a salad bowl and toss.
- Mix ingredients for salad dressing well, adjusting flavors to taste.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts over top of salad.
Serves 4 – 6
Patricia Rain is an author, educator, culinary historian, and owner of The Vanilla Company (www.vanillaqueen.com), a socially conscious, product-driven information and education site dedicated to the promotion of pure, natural vanilla, and the support of vanilla farmers worldwide. She also does culinary presentations for food professionals, cooking schools, trade shows, food fairs, and private groups, and is a regular radio and TV guest.
Trackback from your site.