Chocolate Covered Coconut Mounds
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup palm sugar syrup (can substitute agave or honey)
- 1 cup finely grated coconut
- 1 teaspoon Rain's Choice pure vanilla extract
- In a medium sized bowl mix all filling ingredients and allow to sit.
- Temper the chocolate chips 1/4 cup at a time.
- Take a 1/2 teaspoon of the coconut filling and roll it into a ball.
- Lower the coconut ball into the tempered chocolate and with a small spatula cover the coconut entirely with chocolate. Set the chocolate covered coconut onto a piece of wax paper and let set. Repeat with the rest of the coconut mounds, continuing to temper more chocolate as needed.
- Makes about 20 chocolates.