The World’s Best Blondies
Move over brownies. The World’s Best Blondies are gaining popularity one bite at a time! A meringue-like top, chewy bottom and really delicious!
You can use chocolate in blondies if chocolate isn’t an issue. I like chopping chocolate from a large bar and include all the little pieces as they melt into the dough, though chips work fine as well. You can substitute butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips, even chopped Heath bars. Or, keep it simple and just use chopped nuts. If you are adding chips, however, you may or may not want a whole cup of toasted nuts — it’s your call.
- 2-1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Rain's Choice vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 8 ounces Guittard chocolate chips or 55 – 65 % chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 3/4 to 1 cup chopped toasted walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter, sugars, and vanilla until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate and nuts.
- Spread evenly into well-greased 10" x 10" x 1" pan (an 8 " x 13" x 2" will work fine).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out with just a few crumbs.
- Cool on a rack until room temperature.
- Slide knife around sides of the pan and invert onto a cutting board. Cut into desired sized pieces.
- Chill the blondies before cutting for cleaner edges.
Latest posts by Patricia Rain (see all)
- The Differences Between Pure Vanilla Extract, Vanilla Flavor, and Imitation Vanilla - October 11, 2017
- Vanilla Scented Chicken Scaloppine with Mushrooms - September 18, 2017
- White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies - September 1, 2017
Trackback from your site.