Peach Ice Cream
You can use this recipe to make nectarine, apricot or plum or mango ice cream. All of the stone fruits are so delicious freshly cranked. Top with lightly sweetened peaches or berries for a fruit festival!
- 1-1/3 pounds ripe peaches (about 4 large peaches)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream, Greek yogurt or crème fraiche
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons Rain's Choice vanilla extract
- A few drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Peel the peaches, slice in half, and remove pits. Cut peaches into chunks and cook them with the water in a medium, non-reactive saucepan over medium heat, covered stirring once or twice, until soft and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the sugar, then cool to room temperature.
- Puree the cooked peaches and any liquid in a blender or food processor with the sour cream (or substitute), heavy cream, vanilla and lemon juice, until almost smooth but slightly chunky.
- Chill the mixture thoroughly in the refrigerator, then freeze it in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Pin it for the world to see!
Latest posts by Patricia Rain (see all)
- The Differences Between Pure Vanilla Extract, Vanilla Flavor, and Imitation Vanilla - October 11, 2017
- Vanilla Scented Chicken Scaloppine with Mushrooms - September 18, 2017
- White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies - September 1, 2017
Trackback from your site.