Moroccan Orange Salad
Orange salad is a typical Moroccan dish served along with lamb and vegetable soup (Harira) during Ramadan. It can also be used as a refreshing, light dessert for any festive celebration.
- 3 — 4 oranges, peeled and sliced
- romaine leaves, washed and dried
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Rain's Choice pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
- 8 dates, sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds, slivered or chopped
- In a small bowl combine lemon and orange juices, confectioners sugar, extract and cinnamon.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on a serving plate. Layer oranges decoratively onto plate. Spoon juice/sugar mixture over the oranges and sprinkle with almonds and fresh dates. Chill until serving.
Trackback from your site.