Cookie? Cake? Extreme Candy Bar?
It’s hard to know how to define a Nanaimo bar with it’s cookie crust, icing filling and chocolatey topping, but whatever you call it and however you serve it, one thing’s for sure… It’s decadent and delicious!
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon Rain's Choice vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped and toasted pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon Rain's Choice vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 1-ounce squares semisweet chocolate
- In a large saucepan, combine first 3 ingredients. Stir over low heat until butter is melted. Remove from heat and add 1 teaspoon vanilla and egg; mix well. Stir in crumbs, coconut and nuts. Press mixture firmly into bottom of an 8" square baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove pan to wire rack and let cool.
- Beat butter, powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Spread over crust. Over low heat on stovetop, or in microwave, melt together the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and chocolate squares. Mix until smooth. Spread over filling. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Makes 24 squares.
Trackback from your site.