Courtesy of Lisa SavagePrint
- 4 oz. (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 3 oz. high quality unsweetened chocolateor very dark bittersweet chocolate such as Guittard’s Nocturne, 91%
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons Rain’s Choice pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup agave (can substitute corn syrup)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 beaten eggs
- Pre-made cookie crust
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Melt butter and chocolate over low heat or in microwave. Place in a large bowl.
- Add all ingredients except eggs and mix well but don’t beat. Add eggs and stir just until mixed.
- Pour into 9 inch cookie crust and bake until firm around edges, but the center still jiggles, (about 25 to 35 minutes). Do not overbake.
- Serve slightly warm with a dollop of whipped cream. Because it’s gooey cutting can be a little tricky. If you want perfect looking slices, cut while cool and then warm for a few seconds in a microwave.
- Serves 8 (fewer if chocoholics are present.)
This fudge pie is equally pleasing served as a traditional full sized pie, or as individual bite sized pies, as pictured above. To make individual pies, oil and prepare a cupcake tin. Press the cookie crust into the tins, forming a cup. Pour batter into each cup and bake 12-15 minutes, making sure not to over bake.
Look Delicious? Pin it for the world to see!
Trackback from your site.