The Queen’s Chocolate Pecan Pie
This is killer, no way around it. And it’s worth every bite! I don’t like corn syrup so I use honey or agave as a substitute. It works just fine. If you do use corn syrup, you may want to add a little more sugar to the recipe as agave is sweeter than sugar.
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 8 ounces dark chocolate cut in chunks
- 3 extra large eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon Rain's vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup toasted pecan pieces (walnuts may be substituted)
- 1/2 cup toasted pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and carefully melt it. If not using a microwave, place in a small saucepan and place on a heat diffuser on stove. Melt on very low heat. (you can also use a double boiler if you prefer). Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl mix eggs with brown sugar and agave and beat until well blended. Add vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Spread chocolate over pie crust and cover with pecan pieces. Carefully pour in egg/sugar mixture. Place pecan halves decoratively on top.
- Bake for 50 - 60 minutes or until pie no longer jiggles. Allow to cool on rack until completely set.
- Serve with whipped cream if desired.
Trackback from your site.