Bake Sale Lemon Bars
This is a great lemon bar recipe – bright, tart-sweet and with a buttery crust with nice vanilla notes. Meyer lemons aren’t quite as tart as Eureka and other American lemon varieties. If you’re using Meyer lemons, you might need a little extra lemon juice.
- 1-1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Rain's Choice vanilla bean powder
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons unbleached all purpose flour
- zest of one lemon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Rain's Choice pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup confectioners sugar to finish
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking ban. Combine the flour, 2/3 cup of confectioners sugar, ground vanilla beans, and butter until it forms a dough. Pat evenly into the pan. Bake for 20 minutes until slightly golden. Remove from oven.
- Whisk together the eggs, granulated sugar, flour, and lemon juice until frothy. Pour over the hot crust. Return to the oven and bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Sift confectioners sugar over top, then cut into squares.
Latest posts by Patricia Rain (see all)
- Vanilla Scented Delicata Squash and Asian Pear Salad - October 9, 2018
- Japanese Soba Noodle and Vegetable Salad - September 30, 2018
- Pumpkin Chiffon Cake - September 29, 2018