This recipe comes via Janet Sawyer, who got the recipe from Lalu Mahato, head chef at Nepal’s Tiger Mountain Pokhara Lodge, which was opened by Edmund Hilary. A long journey, but a lovely way to enjoy yogurt as a breakfast or dessert. If you’re serving it as a dessert, it would match well with our Cardamom, Pistachio and Vanilla Shortbread.
- Pour the yogurt into a bowl. Add the honey and vanilla paste or seeds and stir together. Add the cinnamon and cardamom. If you like, soak a few threads of saffron in a little hot water or milk, strain and add to the yogurt mixture. Roughly chop the pistachios.
- Place yogurt in bowls, making a small depression for another teaspoon of honey. Sprinkle pistachios over each bowl and sprinkle with a little more cinnamon for color.
Latest posts by Patricia Rain (see all)
- Sticky Toffee Pudding - December 2, 2017
- Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes - November 25, 2017
- Vanilla – Saffron Scented Butternut Squash Risotto - October 21, 2017