If you are unfamiliar with lassis, they are a traditional Indian yogurt-based beverage designed to refresh and to cool you down. They can be served any time of day or in the evening. This is a sweet lassi which also contains rose water an ingredient used in beverages and desserts in India. If you don’t have rose water, don’t worry; it’s not essential.
- 2 cups diced ripe mango
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt or coconut yogurt
- 1/2 cup whole milk, nut milk, or coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons sweetener (I used dark agave nectar)
- 1 teaspoon rose water, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Rain's Choice vanilla extract preferably Tahitian
- Pinch kosher salt
- Put all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend
- until smooth.
- If you want the lassi ice-cold, you can either freeze the mango slices before making the beverage, or add a few ice cubes to the blender.
- Serves 2
Latest posts by Patricia Rain (see all)
- An Almost Gluten-Free Northwest Food Crawl Part One - February 3, 2019
- Apricot and Vanilla Bean Souffles with Creme Anglaise - January 30, 2019
- Moroccan Orange Salad - January 20, 2019
Trackback from your site.