Trouble sleeping? Overstressed? Feeling Chilled? You don’t want tea or coffee because of the caffeine and the alkaloids in hot chocolate will wire you. Instead, make yourself a cup of hot vanilla!
- 2 cups whole or 2% milk or half milk/half cream or use your favorite milk substitute
- 1 - 2 tablespoons sugar, agave, honey or maple syrup or to taste
- Pinch of chile powder or red pepper flakes (if you want HOT vanilla)
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon of Rain's Choice pure vanilla extract or 1/4 teaspoon Rain's Choice vanilla bean paste
- Pinch each of cinnamon and nutmeg
- In a saucepan or microwave, heat milk, sweetener and chile, if using, until hot. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and spices. Whip until foamy if you'd like or add a marshmallow. Enjoy with abandon and feel the stress and chill fall away.
Latest posts by Patricia Rain (see all)
- An Almost Gluten-Free Northwest Food Crawl Part One - February 3, 2019
- Apricot and Vanilla Bean Souffles with Creme Anglaise - January 30, 2019
- Moroccan Orange Salad - January 20, 2019
Trackback from your site.