Vanilla Fragranced Applesauce
Write a review
- 2-1/2 pounds apples (8-9), peeled, cored, and cut into chunks
- apple juice or cider to cover apples
- sugar or honey to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Rain's Choice pure vanilla extract (or more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- Place apples in a saucepan and partly cover with juice. Simmer just until tender, adding more juice if necessary.
- When cool, run through food processor or blender, or mash with a fork until a sauce is formed.
- Add sugar or honey if needed (sometimes the juice will make the sauce sweet enough), and add vanilla extract and spices. Serve warm or cold.
Patricia Rain is an author, educator, culinary historian, and owner of The Vanilla Company (www.vanillaqueen.com), a socially conscious, product-driven information and education site dedicated to the promotion of pure, natural vanilla, and the support of vanilla farmers worldwide. She also does culinary presentations for food professionals, cooking schools, trade shows, food fairs, and private groups, and is a regular radio and TV guest.
Trackback from your site.