This is the most popular cookie at the new King Arthur Flour bakery. Intensely almond in flavor, I have adapted it slightly by adding vanilla extract, of course.Print
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Lightly grease (or line with parchment) two baking sheets.
- Blend the almond paste, sugar, and salt until the mixture becomes uniformly crumbly; this is best done in a stand mixer though a hand mixer will work as well.
- Add the egg whites gradually, while mixing, to make a smooth paste. Stir in the flavorings.
- Scoop the dough by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared pans.
- Sprinkle the cookies heavily with confectioners’ sugar, then use three fingers to press an indentation into the center of each cookie.
- Bake the cookies for 20 to 25 minutes, until they’re brown around the edges. Remove them from the oven, and let them cool right on the pan.
- Yield: 21 cookies.
Adapted from King Arthur Flour
Look Delicious? Pin it for the world to see!
Trackback from your site.