White Chocolate Custard with Raspberries
Courtesy of Chef and Blogger, David Lebovitz: www.davidlebovitz.com
So, here’s what David has to say about White Chocolate Custard with Raspberries: I serve these custards slightly warm, which softens the raspberries and releases their subtle, sweet perfume. Savor these with tiny, delicate silver spoons; something as dreamy and elegant as these quivering custards, with their creamy-smooth white chocolate demands to be relished in small, measured doses.
David’s words say it all. This recipe is divine!! I made it recently and served it to two dear friends. It is swoon-worthy. While you don’t taste the white chocolate as a flavor, it provides both body and richness. You do want to serve this slightly warm and savor it slowly. You will not forget the exceptional texture and mouthfeel of this custard for a long time.
- 1-1/2 cups (375 ml) half and half
- 4 ounces (115 grams) white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Rain's Choice Vanilla Sugar or
- 2 teaspoons Rain's Choice pure vanilla extract
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons Kirsch
- 1-1/2 cups (200 grams) fresh raspberries
- In a small saucepan, warm the half and half with the white chocolate and sugar over low heat. Stir gently until the white chocolate is melted, then remove from the heat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks. Gradually add the warm half and half mixture to them, stirring gently with the whisk. Add the Kirsch and vanilla extract if using.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. (175 Celsius).
- Set four ounce (125 ml) ramekins or six ounce (150 ml) custard cups in a baking pan with high sides. Add warm water to the larger pan, so that the water reaches half way up the outside of the custard cups, creating a water bath. Cover the pan with foil and bake for about 40 minutes, or until the custards appear to be slightly jiggly.
- Remove the custards from the water bath and cool on a wire rack.
- Serve slightly warm, or at room temperature, topped with the fresh raspberries.
- Serves 4
Latest posts by Patricia Rain (see all)
- Asparagus and Sugar Snap Pea Salad - June 17, 2018
- Albacore Baked with Tomatoes and Beans and Garlic Caper Sauce - June 3, 2018
- Fresh Berry Shortcakes - May 19, 2018
Trackback from your site.