Smoothies are a perfect breakfast food, and they’re also a fabulous addendum to a book and a hammock or any other slow-food activity. Use whole or 1% milk if you prefer, soy milk or fruit juice, and choose your favorite fruits. The second best thing to being a healthy fast food is that they’re very adaptable. Here’s one version. Make up your own – just be sure to perk it up with vanilla!Print
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup yogurt, plain
- 1 teaspoon Rain’s Choice pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 small-to-medium banana
- 2–3 tablespoons honey (more or less to taste)
- 2 cups frozen whole strawberries, no sugar added*
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a blender container; gradually add strawberries and process until smooth and thick.
Makes 4 servings.
*Fresh strawberries may be used, but freeze in a single layer before using.
Latest posts by Patricia Rain (see all)
- Spinach Salad with Pesto Dressing and Pistachios - January 9, 2020
- Grapefruit and Avocado Salad with Citrus, Mint and Vanilla Dressing - January 8, 2020
- Fresh Cream of Celery Soup - January 8, 2020
Trackback from your site.