Courtesy of Annaliese Keller: www.malabartradingco.com
This recipe recently won first place in a baking contest. It’s a favorite of mine for brunch or to serve with tea in the afternoon with friends.Print
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cups fresh raspberries or other favorite berry
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Rain’s Choice pure Vanilla Extract
- In a food processor bowl, combine 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup butter and 1 tablespoon powdered sugar. Process until fine crumbs form.
- Add 2 tablespoons whipping cream. Pulse 2 or 3 times, until uniform “crumbs” form. Pat mixture onto bottom of quiche dish with straight fluted sides (at least 2 inches deep) or well-fitting 10-inch spring form pan.
- Bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Combine in a bowl 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar and 3 cups fresh raspberries. Toss to coat berries, sprinkle over crust. Arrange raspberries evenly over crust.
- In food processor bowl, combine: 1 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, 4 eggs, 1 cup whipping cream and 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract. Process until ingredients are just combined. Don’t over process. Pour custard mixture over berries. Bake at 375 degrees F. for 40-45 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm or chilled. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired. Store in the refrigerator.
Yield: 12 servings.
Trackback from your site.