- 1 pound fresh Ahi Tuna, diced or cut in thin slices
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced, plus slices or cherry tomatoes for garnish
- 1/2 cup cucumber, small dice
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, small dice
- 1/2 cup fresh coconut milk (canned may be substituted)
- 1/4 cup lemon or lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon Rain’s Choice Tahitian Vanilla Extract (or to taste)
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley or chives for garnish
Mix the tuna and lemon or lime juice together with salt and pepper. Allow to marinate several minutes, or until the tuna begins to look “cooked.” Mix the vanilla with the coconut milk, then combine the balance of ingredients. Season to taste and serve. This recipe will serve two as a main course or four as an appetizer.
Trackback from your site.