Write a review
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Rain's Choice Mexican vanilla extract
- additional butter or oil
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat the eggs until they're blended. Add the oil and beat well. Add the milk and continue stirring for 1 minute. Incorporate the rest of the ingredients and beat for an additional minute. Let rest for at least 15 minutes.
- To make the crepes, heat lightly buttered or oiled crepe pan or sloping sauté pan over medium-high heat. Pour about 1/4 cup (2 oz.) of the crepe batter so that it coats the bottom of the pan. Move the pan in a circular motion about 3 times until the batter even coats the bottom of the pan.
- Cook the crepe on 1 side 45 seconds to a minute. Turn using a thin spatula or your fingers (the edges of the crepe will be dry and pull away from the sides of the pan. Cook another 45 seconds to 1 minute, then set aside on a dish. Repeat until the batter is used up, lightly greasing the pan only if it becomes too dry. Lower the heat if the crepe pan starts to smoke or the crepes brown too quickly.
- If you are making the crepes in advance, as each crepe cools, place it on a piece of waxed paper and then stack crepes on a plate. Cover when completely cool. Crepes can be made 1 day in advance and then brought to room temperature or warmed slightly before filling.
Patricia Rain is an author, educator, culinary historian, and owner of The Vanilla Company (www.vanillaqueen.com), a socially conscious, product-driven information and education site dedicated to the promotion of pure, natural vanilla, and the support of vanilla farmers worldwide. She also does culinary presentations for food professionals, cooking schools, trade shows, food fairs, and private groups, and is a regular radio and TV guest.
Latest posts by Patricia Rain (see all)
- Vegan Lemon-Vanilla Cupcakes - February 20, 2018
- Roasted Beet Salad with Whipped Ricotta and Mint - January 31, 2018
- l’appart: The Delights & Disasters of Making My Paris Home - January 29, 2018
Trackback from your site.