This is a flavorful and romantic recipe. It’s also delicious. Serve with pasta, or a wild rice and basmati pilaf. The best part is that you can make this delicious recipe in 30 minutes or less! Shown here with Vanilla-Scented Butternut Squash Risotto.
- 2 (6 - 8 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut in halves
- and pounded thin
- Potato starch or all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups thinly sliced cremini, button or shitaki mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 cup Marsala
- 1 teaspoon Rain's Choice vanilla extract
- 1 cup regular or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Freshly ground pepper and salt to taste
- Fresh parsley or chives as garnish
- Place about 1/3 cup of potato starch, or all-purpose flour in a bowl. Pat chicken breasts dry with a paper towel and then dip each piece lightly into the starch. Shake off any excess.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until very hot but not smoking. Add 1 tablespoon of the butter and cook the chicken breasts until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the remaining butter to the pan and add the scallions and mushrooms. Cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are golden brown around the edges and have given off their liquid.
- Add the Marsala wine and vanilla extract and bring to a boil, scraping to remove any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. When the wine has reduced by half, add the chicken stock and cook for 3 minutes, or until the sauce has reduced slightly.
- Lower the heat to medium and return the chicken breasts to the pan and continue to cook until they are cooked through and the sauce has reduced, about 5 to 6 minutes. Swirl in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, add salt and pepper, to taste. Garnish with chopped parsley or chives and serve immediately.
- Serves 4
Latest posts by Patricia Rain (see all)
- Sticky Toffee Pudding - December 2, 2017
- Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes - November 25, 2017
- Vanilla – Saffron Scented Butternut Squash Risotto - October 21, 2017
Trackback from your site.