Breakfast Polenta with Infused Honey
Creamy hot polenta is a delicious alternative to standard breakfast cereals. The infused honey can be made ahead and kept in the refrigerator. Serve it over hot cereals, pancakes, French Toast or cornbread.
- 4 cups milk (whole or low fat, or use soy or rice milk, if preferred)
- 1 cup quick-cooking polenta
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (optional)
- 1/2 cup infused vanilla honey
- fresh figs, berries, bananas, stewed fruits, or nuts (optional)
- mascarpone cheese, crème fraiche, crema, or heavy cream (optional)
- 1 cup mild honey
- 1 Rain's Choice vanilla bean
- 4 star anise
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 6 - 8 cardamom pods, cracked open
- Bring milk to a boil in a saucepan. Whisk in polenta. Reduce heat to low; whisk occasionally until creamy (about 2 minutes). Stir in butter and more milk, if desired. Serve hot with infused honey and other optional toppings.
- Warm ingredients in a saucepan over medium-low heat for 5 to 10 minutes. Turn off heat; let rest several hours or overnight. Store in refrigerator.
Make this Breakfast Polenta with Infused Honey, photograph it for our contest and qualify to win a copy of Vanilla: The Cultural History of the World’s Favorite Flavor and Fragrance
Trackback from your site.