Almost Homemade Butternut Squash Soup
Homemade squash soup is delicious and warming, but if time is an issue, making it from scratch is a deal-breaker. Although this soup starts out from a package, it tastes homemade. Actually, it tastes like soup from a pricey, high-end restaurant. I think you’ll agree.
- 2 containers Imagine or other good Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 can full-fat or light Coconut Milk (Native Forest Classic if available)
- 1 tablespoon (or to taste) fresh ginger, finely grated or finely-chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Rain's Choice vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons walnut or hazelnut oil
- 3/4 cup chopped, toasted walnuts, pecans or hazelnuts
- Crème fraiche, sour cream or Greek yogurt for garnish (optional)
- Heat soup, coconut milk and ginger in a 3-quart saucepan and allow to simmer for 15 minutes. Add nutmeg and oil and stir well. Serve with toasted chopped nuts and crème fraiche, sour cream or yogurt on the side.
- Serves 6 to 8
Trackback from your site.