One-half teaspoon of pure ground vanilla bean powder is approximately equivalent to one teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
Ground vanilla bean powder is a great way to add flavor to foods and beverages while avoiding alcohol or sugar. It’s just a straight-forward, flavorful powder that packs a punch!
Substitute ground vanilla bean powder for vanilla beans in ice cream, custards, sauces — both sweet and savory — and baked goods. To layer flavors, use a base of ground vanilla bean powder and add a splash of vanilla extract to round up vanilla notes.
Wondering how to use vanilla powder? Here are some vanilla powder recipes from our blog:
- Mashawa – A Simple, Delicious Afghani Soup
- Moroccan Lamb Tajine
- Apple Fritters
- Albacore Baked with Tomatoes and Beans and Garlic Caper Sauce
- Bake Sale Lemon Bars
- Spicy Watermelon
- Peach and Cherry Pie
- Savory Vegetable Galette
- Mushrooms Bourguignon
- Key Lime – Vanilla Pie
- Cream Puffs and Profiteroles
- Blackberry-Vanilla Pie
- Rock Star Maple-Vanilla Granola
- Vanilla Coconut Cream Ice Cream
- Rhubarb Pie
- Strawberry Rhubarb Fool With Vanilla Cream
- Cuban Chicken With Sofrito
- Wild Rice and Walnut Pancakes Fragranced with Vanilla
- Vanilla in Savory Foods — Really??
- The Best Vanilla Ice Cream
- Perfect Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
- Milks Alive – A Plant-Milk Lover’s Guide
- Pomegranate-Vanilla Molasses
- Pork Tenderloin with Apple Cider, Maple, Vanilla Glaze