Rice with Coconut, Vanilla, Dates and Lemon
- 2–2/3 cups coconut milk
- 1–3/4 cups basmati rice (white or brown)
- 1 teaspoon Rain’s Choice pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut 3/4 cup pitted dates, thinly sliced (Bahri or Medjools are especially nice)
- 1–1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- In a heavy 2-quart saucepan, combine rice with liquid and bring to full boil. Add salt.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand, covered for 10 minutes. Add vanilla extract.
- Fluff the rice into a hot serving dish. Toss with dates, coconut, lemon zest, and lemon juice to taste.
- Garnish with extra lemon zest, coconut, and parsley.