Seriously Chocolate Crackle Cookies
- 8 ounces high quality 65% chocolate such as Valhrona, Callebut, Guittard or other high-end brand
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- scant 1/3 cup unbleached flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1–1/2 teaspoons Rain’s Choice pure Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans, lightly toasted
- 3/4 cup Powdered sugar
- Melt chocolate and butter on very low heat or over double boiler. Stir and allow to cool.
- Sift flour and baking powder together.
- Beat eggs until foamy, then add sugar 2 tablespoons at a time until thick and pale yellow (about 5 minutes with electric beater).
- Blend in chocolate. When mixed well, add vanilla then dry ingredients and finally, chopped nuts.
- Chill mixture for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place powdered sugar in a low, wide bowl. Scoop batter into walnut-size balls. Roll in powdered sugar.
- Bake for about four or five minutes, then lightly tap on each cookie to flatten. Bake another four or five minutes depending on how chewy you want your cookies. Don’t overcook.
- Cool on a rack, then store in an airtight container.