Maple Glazed Baked Pumpkin Donuts
- 2 cups flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter (softened) or shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 – 15 oz.can pureed pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Rain’s Choice pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray donut pan with cooking oil and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the sugar and butter until creamy. Add eggs, pumpkin puree and vanilla extract to the sugar and butter, and mix well.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk all dry ingredients together.
- Fold flour mixture into the wet ingredients, half a cup at a time, until fully incorporated.
- Pour mixture into Donut pans and bake for 10-12 minutes, until the tops are brown.
- Place donuts on a wire rack to cool.
- Pour the powdered sugar into a small glass bowl.
- Add the maple syrup a couple of tablespoons at a time to the powdered sugar until it’s a thick syrup but not runny.
- After the donuts have cooled, keep them on the wire rack and place the rack over parchment paper. Gently pour the glaze over the donuts and let dry.