The World’s Best Blondies
- 2–1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2–1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1–1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1–1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Rain’s Choice pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 large eggs
- 8 ounces Guittard chocolate chips or 55 – 65 % chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 3/4 to 1 cup chopped toasted walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter, sugars, and vanilla until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate and nuts.
- Spread evenly into well-greased 10″ x 10″ x 1″ pan (an 8 ” x 13″ x 2″ will work fine).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out with just a few crumbs.
- Cool on a rack until room temperature.
- Slide knife around sides of the pan and invert onto a cutting board. Cut into desired sized pieces.
- Chill the blondies before cutting for cleaner edges.