Twice-Baked Butternut Squash
- 3 butternut squash
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sour cream or full-fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Rain's Choice pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, cut into 1/8-inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs, lightly toasted
- Heat oven to 450 degrees with the rack in center. Halve squash lengthwise, and remove seeds and fibers. Lightly brush squash with olive oil.
- Place squash in pan, and bake until squash is tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, 35 to 45 minutes. Remove from oven, transfer squash to a cool surface, and let cool enough to handle. Reduce oven temperature to 425 degrees. You can make the squash the night before if you wish and continue the following day.
- Use a spoon to scoop baked flesh out of each half into a large bowl, leaving a 1/4-inch border around the halves so they will keep their shape. To the bowl, add sour cream or yogurt, vanilla, paprika, chives, and salt and pepper. Mix with a handheld electric mixer or potato masher until smooth and well combined. Adjust seasonings. Fill 3 squash halves with mixture (discard remaining 3 empty halves).
- Sprinkle tops with toasted breadcrumbs if using. Bake until golden brown and warm throughout, 20 to 30 minutes. Serve.
- Serves 6
Trackback from your site.