Living in coastal California, our summers come twice — it gets hot in May, then it remains cool and often foggy while the inland valleys are hot. When the valleys cool down, we have our second summer, usually in September. True to form, this September warmed up and I made this delicious beverage twice for friends.
The first time I used plain Greek yogurt and added 1 teaspoon Rain’s Choice Tahitian vanilla, which I especially like in anything with tropical fruit. Don’t worry if you don’t have Tahitian as any of the vanilla extracts work well.
Yesterday afternoon I made the recipe again, this time using up some coconut milk “ice cream” which added a nice coconut flavor and an icy frost to the beverage.
Don’t worry about making sure the ingredients are precise. I can assure you it will be a hit!Print
- 1–1/2 cups pineapple juice (fresh if possible)
- 1 cup sliced banana (about 1 medium)
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 3/4 cup vanilla frozen yogurt or coconut milk ice cream or, use yogurt for a less sweet beverage
- 1/2 cup dark rum (optional – substitute mango nectar or more pineapple juice if desired)
- Vanilla Bean
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Add some ice cubes for extra chill and to dilute the sweetness slightly Pour into glasses and garnish with a piece of pineapple. Use vanilla beans as swizzle sticks. They can be washed for re-use or given as a take-home gift at a party. Serve immediately.
This recipe can be doubled or tripled.
Latest posts by Patricia Rain (see all)
- What’s the best vanilla extract? - September 15, 2019
- Chocolate and Vanilla Festival 2019 - September 2, 2019
- Pasta and Zoodles with Bacon and Saffron Cream Sauce - September 1, 2019
Trackback from your site.