The Ultimate Cookie
Years ago I lived in a rural area on the California Coast. I was writing cookbooks and doing some consulting work but I also wanted to be doing something that involved community and made money. A cookie business came to mind.
The recipe below was my most popular cookie and even now, when I make it for parties or as a small thank you gift, it draws rave reviews.
I like to let the dough rest overnight before baking but this isn’t a requirement. I usually bake up a full batch then individually wrap the cookies in plastic wrap when they have cooled. Into the freezer and immediately ready when needed. (Like at 10:00 at nite when you’re reading and want a treat.) I like putting the cookies briefly into a microwave or toaster oven so that they’re a little warm and the chocolate is soft. Life is good!Print
The Ultimate Cookie
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Rain’s Choice pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup salad oil
- 1 cup uncooked regular rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- 3 1/2 cups sifted all purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees. Cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, mix well. Add salad oil, mix well. Add oats, cornflakes, mixing well. Add flour, baking soda and salt, then coconut, nuts and chocolate chips, and stir until well blended. Use small scoop and place balls onto greased or parchment paper lined baking sheets. Flatten slightly with finger tips. Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes.
Substitute white chocolate chips, raisins, dried cranberries, dried cherries or dried apricots in whatever combination appeals.
Look Delicious? Pin it for the world to see!
Latest posts by Patricia Rain (see all)
- What’s the best vanilla extract? - September 15, 2019
- Chocolate and Vanilla Festival 2019 - September 2, 2019
- Pasta and Zoodles with Bacon and Saffron Cream Sauce - September 1, 2019
Trackback from your site.