Strawberry Ice Cream
Vanilla is still America’s favorite Ice Cream flavor, which comes as no surprise to us! According to Food & Wine magazine, to celebrate July being National Ice Cream Month, the International Dairy Foods Association conducted a survey, which found Vanilla and Chocolate to be the two top sellers, in that order. Strawberry is the top fruit flavor, so we’re pretty sure you’ll be pleased with our deliciously refreshing recipe for Strawberry Ice Cream!
- 1 pint strawberries - de-stemmed
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Rain's Choice vanilla extract
- You will need an Ice Cream maker for this recipe.
- Freeze one bowl in preparation and leave in the freezer up until you are ready to mix.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the strawberries, lemon juice and 1/4 cup sugar. Allow strawberries to macerate for 2 hours.
- Mash the strawberries and separate the fruit from the juice.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the milk and the remaining sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Mix in the cream, vanilla and strawberry juice into the milk mixture.
- Place the frozen freezer bowl into the ice cream maker and turn on. Pour the strawberry cream into the freezer bowl and allow to churn 20-25 minutes. Just before the ice cream is finished churning - It will look like soft serve ice cream - add the mashed strawberries and churn for an additional 5 minutes. Move the ice cream from the freezer bowl and place in a freezer safe bowl and freeze for 2 hours before serving.