Spring Vegetables with Tahitian Vanilla Paste Vinaigrette
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 cups snap peas, or sugar peas
- 16 green asparagus
- 4 leeks, white part only
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 6 tablespoons Leblanc olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- fleur de sel
- Crushed red peppercorns
- 4 extra fresh eggs
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Steam the vegetables for 5 minutes and rinse them under cold water; set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the vinegar with the oil. Add the vanilla paste, mint, salt and red peppercorns. Serve on top of the warm vegetables.
- Boil water in a pot with the white wine vinegar and a pinch of salt. When the water is boiling, drop the eggs carefully in the water. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and tap them with a knife, holding each in one hand. Remove the shell carefully.
- Serve on top of the vegetables and sprinkle with red peppercorns. Serve with crusty bread on the side.
- serves 4 people
Make this Spring Vegetables with Tahitian Vanilla Paste Vinaigrette, photograph it for our contest and qualify to win a copy of Vanilla: The Cultural History of the World’s Favorite Flavor and Fragrance
Trackback from your site.