Sicilian Lemon Tart (Torta al Limone)
This is an amazingly smooth, creamy, over-the-top delicious tart. This tart is so rich, you don’t want large slices. If you wish, spread each plate with a tablespoon of raspberry sauce then plate the tart slice on top. Serves about 8. If you want a recipe for Limoncello, here you are!
- 1 sweet tart crust for 9 inch pie
- 1 8-ounce container of Mascarpone (I use Crave Brothers)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 tablespoons Limoncello
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup fresh lemon curd or 1 8-ounce jar of prepared lemon curd
- 1/2 pint whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- raspberries and/or raspberry sauce
- Make tart crust. Bake it until it is light-golden brown. Allow to cool.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, blend Mascarpone with pure vanilla extract and Limoncello, using a mixer. Whip until completely smooth. Fold in lemon curd and blend the ingredients with the mixer just until well incorporated.
- Place tart in oven and bake for 15 minutes. Check and turn completely. Bake another 10 – 15 minutes or until tart is puffy but the center still jiggles.
- Place tart on a cooling rack and allow to cool completely, then chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Whip cream with sugar and vanilla extract. Pile onto the tart and spread decoratively. Adorn the tart with raspberries or strawberries.
- This tart is so rich, you don't want large slices. If you wish, spread each plate with a tablespoon of raspberry sauce then plate the tart slice on top.
Latest posts by Patricia Rain (see all)
- Guinness Gingerbread Cupcakes with Lime-Vanilla Frosting - March 13, 2017
- Shrimp with Remoulade Sauce - February 24, 2017
- Smoked Rainbow Trout and Endive Salad - February 20, 2017