Vanilla Pumpkin Gelato
Courtesy of Chef Bev Shaffer
- 1 quart best quality vanilla ice cream
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground cloves
- pinch of ground ginger
- pinch of ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon Rain's Choice vanilla extract
- Let the ice cream soften slightly at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- With an electric mixer, beat ice cream just until creamy.
- Add the pumpkin, spices and vanilla; blend on low speed until evenly distributed. Working quickly, scrape the ice cream into a freezer proof container. Cover.
- Refreeze for at least 6 hours before serving. Makes about 1 quart gelato.
Trackback from your site.