Toasted Quinoa Crunch
For all of us who can’t have gluten, here’s a quick-and-easy solution for breadcrumbs to add to casseroles or extra crunch to salads.
Thanks a seed-crop indigenous to the Peruvian and Bolivian Andes, we have nutrient-rich quinoa, which is very high-protein.
- 1 tablespoon butter or ghee
- Sea salt to taste
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- Melt butter in a frying pan and add salt. Remove from heat, add quinoa and toss lightly to coat the grains with butter.
- Spread on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees until grain is toasted and fragrant, 10 – 12 minutes.
- If kept in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator, toasted quinoa will keep for 6 to 8 weeks.
Latest posts by Patricia Rain (see all)
- Vanilla – Saffron Scented Butternut Squash Risotto - October 21, 2017
- Pumpkin Chiffon Cake - October 18, 2017
- The Differences Between Pure Vanilla Extract, Vanilla Flavor, and Imitation Vanilla - October 11, 2017
Trackback from your site.