Toasted Quinoa Crunch
For all of us who can’t have gluten, here’s a quick-and-easy solution for breadcrumbs to add to casseroles or extra crunch to salads.
Thanks a seed-crop indigenous to the Peruvian and Bolivian Andes, we have nutrient-rich quinoa, which is very high-protein.
- 1 tablespoon butter or ghee
- Sea salt to taste
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- Melt butter in a frying pan and add salt. Remove from heat, add quinoa and toss lightly to coat the grains with butter.
- Spread on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees until grain is toasted and fragrant, 10 – 12 minutes.
- If kept in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator, toasted quinoa will keep for 6 to 8 weeks.
Latest posts by Patricia Rain (see all)
- Burrata with Fresh Asparagus and Fava Bean Salad - July 7, 2017
- Bread, Wine, Chocolate: The Slow Loss of Foods We Love — A Review - July 4, 2017
- Master Sauce Chicken - June 23, 2017
Trackback from your site.