Maple Glazed Baked Pumpkin Donuts
No matter how carefully we want to eat, there are times when nothing short of a good dessert will do. These scrumptious baked donuts will not only surpass expectations, they also are baked, not fried. While they’re not totally guilt-free, they come pretty close!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter (softened) or shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 - 15 oz.can pureed pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Rain's Choice vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray donut pan with cooking oil and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the sugar and butter until creamy. Add eggs, pumpkin puree and vanilla extract to the sugar and butter, and mix well.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk all dry ingredients together.
- Fold flour mixture into the wet ingredients, half a cup at a time, until fully incorporated.
- Pour mixture into Donut pans and bake for 10-12 minutes, until the tops are brown.
- Place donuts on a wire rack to cool.
- Pour the powdered sugar into a small glass bowl.
- Add the maple syrup a couple of tablespoons at a time to the powdered sugar until it's a thick syrup but not runny.
- After the donuts have cooled, keep them on the wire rack and place the rack over parchment paper. Gently pour the glaze over the donuts and let dry.
Pin it for the world to see!
Latest posts by Serena Rain (see all)
- Flo Braker’s Tangy Lemon Custard Tart with Pomegranate Gelee - May 5, 2017
- Caramel Peanut Popcorn - February 28, 2017
- Flo Braker’s Flourless Chocolate Torte - April 13, 2016