Trouble sleeping? Overstressed? Feeling Chilled? You don’t want tea or coffee because of the caffeine and the alkaloids in hot chocolate will wire you. Instead, make yourself a cup of hot vanilla!
- 2 cups whole or 2% milk or half milk/half cream or use your favorite milk substitute
- 1 - 2 tablespoons sugar, agave, honey or maple syrup or to taste
- Pinch of chile powder or red pepper flakes (if you want HOT vanilla)
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon of Rain's Choice pure vanilla extract or 1/4 teaspoon Rain's Choice vanilla bean paste
- Pinch each of cinnamon and nutmeg
- In a saucepan or microwave, heat milk, sweetener and chile, if using, until hot. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and spices. Whip until foamy if you'd like or add a marshmallow. Enjoy with abandon and feel the stress and chill fall away.
Make this Hot Vanilla, photograph it for our contest and qualify to win a copy of Vanilla: The Cultural History of the World’s Favorite Flavor and Fragrance
Latest posts by Patricia Rain (see all)
- The Differences Between Pure Vanilla Extract, Vanilla Flavor, and Imitation Vanilla - October 11, 2017
- Vanilla Scented Chicken Scaloppine with Mushrooms - September 18, 2017
- White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies - September 1, 2017
Trackback from your site.