Crystallized Ginger Zucchini Cupcakes
Courtesy of Candice Masters of Gourmet Country
- 1/3 cup crystallized ginger coarsely chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh orange zest
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups coarsely grated zucchini (2 medium)
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Mexican vanilla extract
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon Tahitian vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh orange zest
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin cups with liners.
- Pulse crystallized ginger in food processor until finely ground, then add flour, ground ginger, cinnamon, zest, salt, baking soda, and baking powder and pulse until combined.
- Whisk together zucchini, oil, honey, eggs, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl, then stir in flour mixture until just combined.
- Divide batter among muffin cups and bake until golden and a wooden pick or skewer inserted in center of a cupcake comes out clean, 20 to 24 minutes.
- Cool in pan on a rack 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan and cool completely, 1 hour.
- Beat together frosting ingredients with an electric mixer at high speed until combined well and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Frost tops of cooled cupcakes.
Pin it for the world to see!
Latest posts by Patricia Rain (see all)
- Burrata with Fresh Asparagus and Fava Bean Salad - July 7, 2017
- Bread, Wine, Chocolate: The Slow Loss of Foods We Love — A Review - July 4, 2017
- Master Sauce Chicken - June 23, 2017
Trackback from your site.