Crystallized Ginger Zucchini Cupcakes
Courtesy of Candice Masters of Gourmet Country
Crystallized Ginger and Zucchini Cupcakes
Write a review
- 1/3 cup crystallized ginger coarsely chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh orange zest
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups coarsely grated zucchini (2 medium)
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Mexican vanilla extract
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon Tahitian vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh orange zest
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin cups with liners.
- Pulse crystallized ginger in food processor until finely ground, then add flour, ground ginger, cinnamon, zest, salt, baking soda, and baking powder and pulse until combined.
- Whisk together zucchini, oil, honey, eggs, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl, then stir in flour mixture until just combined.
- Divide batter among muffin cups and bake until golden and a wooden pick or skewer inserted in center of a cupcake comes out clean, 20 to 24 minutes.
- Cool in pan on a rack 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan and cool completely, 1 hour.
- Beat together frosting ingredients with an electric mixer at high speed until combined well and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Frost tops of cooled cupcakes.
Pin it for the world to see!
Patricia Rain is an author, educator, culinary historian, and owner of The Vanilla Company (www.vanillaqueen.com), a socially conscious, product-driven information and education site dedicated to the promotion of pure, natural vanilla, and the support of vanilla farmers worldwide. She also does culinary presentations for food professionals, cooking schools, trade shows, food fairs, and private groups, and is a regular radio and TV guest.
Latest posts by Patricia Rain (see all)
- Vanilla – Saffron Scented Butternut Squash Risotto - October 21, 2017
- Pumpkin Chiffon Cake - October 18, 2017
- The Differences Between Pure Vanilla Extract, Vanilla Flavor, and Imitation Vanilla - October 11, 2017
Trackback from your site.