Rich Dark Chocolate Sauce and White Chocolate Sauce
Courtesy of David Lebovitz, Ready for Dessert
David says about the Rich Chocolate Sauce, “For those who like their chocolate sauce rich and thick. It is particularly appealing when served side by side or gently swirled with White Chocolate Sauce (below) as an accompaniment to wedges of chocolate cake.”
Rich Chocolate Sauce
Write a review
- 12 ounces Guittard Madagascar Bittersweet Chocolate, or other high-quality chocolate
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons whiskey, rum or Cognac
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Rain's Choice Mexican vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, combine the chocolate, water, and cream. Warm over low heat, stirring gently until the chocolate is melted and the sauce is smooth. Remove from the heat and stir in the whiskey, rum or Cognac, vanilla and butter.
- Makes 2 cups
About the White Chocolate Sauce, David says, “I fall into the camp of white chocolate lovers because, unlike white chocolate critics, I don’t compare it to dark chocolate. Instead, I appreciate it for its own lavishly rich merits…Be sure to use real white chocolate, one which lists only cocoa butter in the list of ingredients, and no other vegetable fats. Since white chocolate plays such an important part in this sauce, you want it to be as good as it possibly can be.”
White Chocolate Sauce
Write a review
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or half-and-half
- 9 ounces white chocolate chopped
- In a small saucepan, warm the cream or half-and-half over low heat. When it just begins to boil, remove from the heat and add the white chocolate. Let it stand for 1 minute, then whisk until the chocolate is melted and the sauce is smooth. Serve the sauce warm.
- Makes 1 cup
Patricia Rain is an author, educator, culinary historian, and owner of The Vanilla Company (www.vanillaqueen.com), a socially conscious, product-driven information and education site dedicated to the promotion of pure, natural vanilla, and the support of vanilla farmers worldwide. She also does culinary presentations for food professionals, cooking schools, trade shows, food fairs, and private groups, and is a regular radio and TV guest.
Latest posts by Patricia Rain (see all)
- Guiness Gingerbread Cupcakes with Lime-Vanilla Frosting - March 13, 2017
- Shrimp with Remoulade Sauce - February 24, 2017
- Smoked Rainbow Trout and Endive Salad - February 20, 2017
Trackback from your site.