- 3 cups unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon Rain’s Choice pure Vanilla Extract
- optional topping: 1/2 bag semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking pans with parchment paper
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl and stir until well incorporated.
- Scoop Tablespoon sized mounds of coconut mixture and shape into round balls or drop as unshaped mounds onto the parchment paper lined pans.
- Bake for approx. 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Pour chocolate into a glass bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, and if necessary, heat for 30 more seconds until fully melted.
- Once macaroons have cooled, dip the bottom of the macaroons in chocolate, place on a tray lined with parchment paper, drizzle the tops with chocolate, and cool until set.