Chocolate Banana Cream Pie with Coconut Pecan Crust
Courtesy of Candice Masters at Gourmet Country. If you’ve never had a raw dessert, you’re in for a treat, even if it sounds odd. Trust me, it’s great!
- 1 cup raw pecans
- ½ cup soft Medjool dates, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbs. unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup raw cacao nibs
- 4 medium avocados, very ripe
- ½ cup raw, unfiltered Honey
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 4 Tbsp. coconut oil, slightly softened
- 2 tsp. Rain's Choice vanilla extract
- 1 cup nautral cocoa powder, raw if possible
- 2 medium bananas, very ripe
- 16 raw pecan halves
- Lightly coat bottom and sides of 8-inch glass pie pan with coconut oil, set aside.
- To make crust, combine pecans, dates and 1 cup coconut flakes in blender; process until mixture is crumbly. Add half of cacao nibs and pulse until mixture starts to form ball. Press mixture into pie pan to form crust, and place in freezer to chill.To make filling, halve avocados, remove pit and scoop out flesh.
- Combine avocado, honey, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, cocoa powder and bananas in food processor. Process until very smooth and creamy, occasionally scraping sides of food processor with rubber spatula; add up to ? cup warm water 1 Tbs at a time, if necessary, to thin.
- Transfer filling to crust, smoothing top. Scatter remaining 2 Tbsp coconut flakes and cacao nibs on top of pie. Arrange pecan halves around outside of pie. Chill 1 hour, or until firm.
- Serves 12
Make this Chocolate Banana Cream Pie with Coconut Pecan Crust, photograph it for our contest and qualify to win a copy of Vanilla: The Cultural History of the World’s Favorite Flavor and Fragrance
Latest posts by Patricia Rain (see all)
- Guinness Gingerbread Cupcakes with Lime-Vanilla Frosting - March 13, 2017
- Shrimp with Remoulade Sauce - February 24, 2017
- Smoked Rainbow Trout and Endive Salad - February 20, 2017
Trackback from your site.