Chocolate Covered Coconut Mounds
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup palm sugar syrup (can substitute agave or honey)
- 1 cup finely grated coconut
- 1 teaspoon Rain's Choice pure vanilla extract
- In a medium sized bowl mix all filling ingredients and allow to sit.
- Temper the chocolate chips 1/4 cup at a time.
- Take a 1/2 teaspoon of the coconut filling and roll it into a ball.
- Lower the coconut ball into the tempered chocolate and with a small spatula cover the coconut entirely with chocolate. Set the chocolate covered coconut onto a piece of wax paper and let set. Repeat with the rest of the coconut mounds, continuing to temper more chocolate as needed.
- Makes about 20 chocolates.
If you want to add some crunch take one toasted almond and place it on top of the chocolate covered coconut and spoon chocolate over the almond. Let set.
Latest posts by Serena Rain (see all)
- Mojito Bars - May 23, 2017
- Flo Braker’s Tangy Lemon Custard Tart with Pomegranate Gelee - May 5, 2017
- Caramel Peanut Popcorn - February 28, 2017