Ginger Vanilla Carrot Soup
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups peeled carrots, coarsely chopped
- 5 to 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 light or regular sour cream, or more
- Heal oil in a 3-4 quart saucepan over medium heat. Stir in onion and cook for 3 – 5 minutes. Add carrots and stir to coat with oil and onions. Add stock, reduce heat, cover pan, and simmer until carrots are tender. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Run ingredients through blender or food processor until well pureed. Add sour cream, vanilla, and ginger, and mix well or run through processor again. If soup is too thick, add more stock to desired thickness. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- This soup is good hot or cold. Garnish with more sour cream, herbs, or another sprinkle of crystallized ginger.
Trackback from your site.