Blended Iced Coffee
Courtesy of David Lebovitz: The Sweet Life in Paris
I should mention before the recipe that David was so taken by the name “Shakerato” posted on the café board for this iced coffee drink, that he ordered it. Turns out he also liked it.
- 2 medium scoops vanilla or coffee ice cream, softened slightly
- 2 or 3 shots strong espresso, cooled
- 1/2 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Rain's Choice pure vanilla extract
- A few ice cubes
- Unsweetened cocoa powder or grated chocolate
- In a cocktail shaker or blender, combine the ice cream, espresso, Baileys, vanilla and ice.
- Shake or blend vigorously until the ice cream has melted and is smooth.
- Pour into two short tumblers and sprinkle the tops with cocoa powder. (Strain if you don't want pieces of ice in your drinks.)
A picture’s worth a thousand words…
Make this coffee, photograph it for our contest and qualify to win a copy of Vanilla: The Cultural History of the World’s Favorite Flavor and Fragrance
Latest posts by Patricia Rain (see all)
- Guinness Gingerbread Cupcakes with Lime-Vanilla Frosting - March 13, 2017
- Shrimp with Remoulade Sauce - February 24, 2017
- Smoked Rainbow Trout and Endive Salad - February 20, 2017
Trackback from your site.