- 2-1/2 pounds apples (8-9), peeled, cored, and cut into chunks
- apple juice or cider to cover apples
- sugar or honey to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Rain's Choice pure vanilla extract (or more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- Place apples in a saucepan and partly cover with juice. Simmer just until tender, adding more juice if necessary.
- When cool, run through food processor or blender, or mash with a fork until a sauce is formed.
- Add sugar or honey if needed (sometimes the juice will make the sauce sweet enough), and add vanilla extract and spices. Serve warm or cold.
Trackback from your site.