Almost Homemade Butternut Squash Soup
Homemade squash soup is delicious and warming, but if time is an issue, making it from scratch is a deal-breaker. Although this soup starts out from a package, it tastes homemade. Actually, it tastes like soup from a pricey, high-end restaurant. I think you’ll agree.
- 2 containers Imagine or other good Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 can full-fat or light Coconut Milk (Native Forest Classic if available)
- 1 tablespoon (or to taste) fresh ginger, finely grated or finely-chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Rain's Choice vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons walnut or hazelnut oil
- 3/4 cup chopped, toasted walnuts, pecans or hazelnuts
- Crème fraiche, sour cream or Greek yogurt for garnish (optional)
- Heat soup, coconut milk and ginger in a 3-quart saucepan and allow to
- simmer for 15 minutes. Add nutmeg and oil and stir well. Serve with
- toasted chopped nuts and crème fraiche, sour cream or yogurt on the side.
- Serves 4 - 6
Latest posts by Patricia Rain (see all)
- Guiness Gingerbread Cupcakes with Lime-Vanilla Frosting - March 13, 2017
- Shrimp with Remoulade Sauce - February 24, 2017
- Smoked Rainbow Trout and Endive Salad - February 20, 2017
Trackback from your site.